I made some new pillows for the futon in my sewing room! To be more precise, I made new pillow covers–no items were stuffed.
I actually made the one with the circle applique quite a few months ago. I used my Accuquilt circle die to cut the circles from felted wool. Then I used my Bernina circle foot to sew the circles on to the grey flannel squares. I love that circle foot. It makes me want to sew cirlces on to everything! After all the circles were appliqued, I sewed the squares together–and voila–a new pillow cover.
I used the Accuquilt hexagon die to cut the teeny tiny hexagons I used for my second pillow. After I had cut what seemed like 10000 hexagons, I arranged them and then sewed them onto some dark grey upholstery fabric I had in my stash.
I am just mad about these teeny tiny hexagons!