Jalie 2682 X Jalie 2793
The first Jalie pattern I ever tried was Jalie 2682. I made it for the first time a couple of years ago and it kinda blew my mind. It went together so easily and the fit was awesome–it made me feel like I could really sew! Since that time, I’ve made Jalie 2682 over and over again. I’ve made it in jersey and in fleece, with a zipper and without, and I’ve even turned it into a dress. The first time I turned it into a dress, I used Jalie 3024 for the bottom. I liked the result, but skirt was relatively straight and it ended up a little on the short side. When I tried to lengthen the skirt, I ended up with a dress that was a little tricky to walk in. There wasn’t enough flair in the skirt.
When I made Jalie 2793 a couple of weeks ago, I realized that I had found the right “skirt-bottom” for Jalie 2682. So I pulled out this chevron knit that I’ve had for about a year and gave it a try. I cut size S on the top and added three inches below the bust. The skirt was a size U graded to S at the waist. I added about 12 inches to length of the tunic in 2793
The chevron was really tricky to match. I did a good job on the front, but the sides are another story. I think I’m going to need to walk around with my arms at my sides to hide my sorry pattern-matching.